Packaging testing is carried out in order to evaluate the new packaging design by potential buyers. The research is carried out before the mass product launch, which allows to identify and correct critical drawbacks and shortcomings. Otherwise, the loss is inevitable both financial and time.
As a rule, the purchase decision is made directly in the store, so the product appearance is very important. It can either attract or repel. Therefore, so that potential customers do not pass by, and your products are visible on the store counter, you need to test the packaging.
Why should you test your packaging design?
Plastic containers, bottles, boxes and bags are not just containers that contain a specific product. This is a complete marketing tool, which performs a number of important functions:
- Informing consumers. The labels should contain all the necessary information about the category of the product, its purpose, as well as about the manufacturer itself.
- Attracting the attention of the buyer. If the container is quite original and beautiful, then it stands out against the general background of similar goods. This helps increase sales.
- Building brand trust. If the design is thoughtful, brand loyalty is forming. The manufacturer can position your product in different ways: as a commodity, exclusive one or as a value for money product.
It is packaging that plays a decisive role in the positioning of the manufacturer's products. It is important to pre-test design, different products, released on the market without any preparation may simply not attract the potential buyers.
What tasks can be solved by testing packaging?
Packaging research is carried out when it is necessary to solve several problems:
- Determination whether the packaging conveys the overall concept of the product itself. This is very important, because even a minor element, which is out of the general picture, may alienate consumers.
- Comparison of several possible design options, determination of their advantages and disadvantages. Research allows you to see the packaging outside the box in a light of buyer.
- Analysis of an existing design in order to determine its pros and cons. Certain target audiences are quite conservative, so they have a negative attitude to the restyling of the packaging of their favorite products. Pre-testing helps avoid such mistakes.
- Comparison of your option with the packaging of competitors. In a competitive environment, even small things play a big role, so it's important to know about the pros and cons of competitors.
What research methods are used?
In most cases, qualitative and quantitative methods are used. The first ones include in-depth interviews and focus groups. A focus group is a moderated group discussion format. The respondents are recruited according to main characteristics of the target audience of the testing product, have a relevant consumer experience and the ability to evaluate the tested packaging.
Quantitative methods include a hall test. This is a specific interview format or a questionnaire. Before answering the questions, a formal product shelf is created, where the researched version of the product is placed with samples of the competitors' product.
You can order product packaging testing in our agency leaving your contact details in the feedback form or by calling us on the contact phone number. Our research will provide reliable results and enable you to select and launch packaging that will push up your sales.
14-year collaborative effort
more than 80% of further contacts
50% of clients are our regular clients
selection methodology under the client's budget
We worked with ResearchView on different studies, mostly on medical representatives' audits for pharmaceutical companies. ResearchView’s high quality of service, smooth conduction on project and reliable and on time delivery of results, guaranteed a successful cooperation. STEM healthcare with full confidence recommends ResearchView as a professional and reliable business partner.
Nissan would like to thank ResearchView team for the recent qualitative projects we conducted together. We appreciate the quality of moderation and recruitment and flexibility to our requests. We are happy to recommend ResearchView to other clients.
On behalf of Givaudan Russia, we would like to extend our utmost appreciation to ResearchView. High personal responsibility on professional level, accuracy and thoroughness in performance, prompt solutions of problems demonstrated by each of the departments make our collaboration effective and successful.
We have been cooperating with Researchview since the beginning of 2018. They implemented a major and important project for us. Agency team carries out projects as quickly as possible, works fast at all project stages, while maintaining high quality of works and results. We recommend ResearchView as a reliable and highly professional partner in the field of market research.
We recommend ResearchView as a reliable partner that conducts the business in a timely and efficient manner, even if any changes are being made in the research process. The study conducted by ResearchView contributed to a better understanding of our consumers and increased advertising communication effectiveness.
We would like to thank ResearchView team for implementation of a project for Mir payment system target audience research. During the study ResearchView representatives demonstrated their creative approach, complete professionalism and accurate understanding of client needs and objectives.
ResearchView is a reliable partner which conducts research that meets all quality requirements. They perform their duties with high professionalism within a certain timeline. We hope to continue our mutually beneficial and fruitful cooperation in the future.